Monday, May 23, 2005

Tagged by Joe Thomas

The Edusphere "tag you're it" game is still on. I have been "tagged" by Joe Thomas at "Shut up and Teach." I am therefore obliged to pick five from the following list and respond.

If I could be....

"If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure..."

Here are my five.

I would be...

a doctor. It would be nice to be in a profession that still enjoyed a general respect from the public. I love my work, but it can be wearisome being a political whipping boy from the powers that be. Doctors are starting to take their lumps, but by-and-large, they are still widely respected and compensated.

I would be...

a professor. I dream of creating a challenging and interactive post-graduate classroom preparing future school administrators who will be instructionally sound and put students first. My day will come.

I would be...

a psychologist. I have always enjoyed psychology, probably because I get to see so many unusual people at this level. By the time the angry parent gets to my desk, they have a variety of issues, many of them unsolvable.

I would be...

a llama-rider. No wait a minute, let me explain. I am an avid outdoorsman. Fishing, hunting, running, you name it. I haven't tried llama riding, but my wife wants an alpaca. Does that count?

I would be...

a modern-day Alaskan pioneer. I know Joe, it wasn't on the list, but I wouldn't mind trying it for a year. I would like to try an Alaskan lake cabin in the summer and fall, and a Colorado cabin in the winter and spring. Live off the land. Treat it with respect. And enjoy the magnificence of what our God has created.

2 Comments:

At Monday, May 30, 2005, Blogger EdWonk said...

I wish that I had thought of "modern-day Alaska pioneer."

I think that it would be fun! But...alas.. the TeenWonk is terrified of bears...

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2005, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home